Any intellectual property rights to information provided on this website belong to the Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) or to a person(s) who provided information to the NRA. Those rights to information on this website are protected under the relevant laws.
Using the contents on this website
1) Source citation
(i) The user must cite the source when using the Content. Sources should be cited in the following manner:
- (Examples of source citation)
- - Source: Nuclear Regulation Authority website (URL of NRA website)
- - Source: Review Meeting on Conformity to the New Regulatory Requirements for Nuclear Power Plants (the Nuclear Regulation Authority) (URL of the said webpage) (date of use)
- When using the Content of the following organizations, users must describe their names as follows;
- - Source: Information on Former Japan Nuclear Energy Safety Organization (URL of the said webpage)
If you have edited the Content for use, you must include a statement expressing that the content has been edited, in addition to the abovementioned source citation. Making public or using edited information in a format that may be misconstrued as having been created by the Government of Japan (or its ministries and/or agencies) is prohibited.
- (Example of citation when using edited content)
- - Edited contents of Review Meeting on Conformity to the New Regulatory Requirements for Nuclear Power Plants (the Nuclear Regulation Authority) (URL of the said webpage)
- - Edited contents of Review Meeting on Conformity to the New Regulatory Requirements for Nuclear Power Plants “by the name of a company” (the Nuclear Regulation Authority) (URL of the said webpage), etc.
2) No infringement of third party rights
(i) In some cases, a third party (refers to a party other than the state. Hereinafter referred to as “Third Party”) may hold copyrights or other rights to a part of the Content. For Content where a Third Party holds copyrights or other rights (e.g. portrait rights in a photograph, publicity rights etc.), it is the responsibility of the user to obtain consent for use from the Third Party unless there is explicit indication that the rights have already been cleared.
- (Example of an indication of Third Party rights)
- - Documents created by electric utilities for committee meetings, etc.
(ii) If a Third Party holds rights to a part of the Content, said fact may be directly or indirectly stated or indicated through source citations, but in some cases the part of the Content to which the Third Party holds the rights may not be clear or may not be explicitly stated. It is the responsibility of the user to confirm the rights pertaining to use of the Content.
(iii) The user must comply with the terms and conditions of the source provider for Content obtained through API (Application Programming Interface) links to external databases etc.
- (Example of Content obtained through API links to external databases etc.)
- - Twitter; the Nuclear Regulation Authority
- - YouTube and niconico; the NRA Channel (Video Contents of meetings etc.)
(iv) Even if a Third Party holds copyrights to the Content, some use of the Content, such as quoting, may be allowed without the consent of the copyright holder, under the Copyright Act of Japan.
- (a) Symbol mark, Logo, and Character Design which represent the organization or specific business.
As a rule, Internet websites may link to the NRA website without seeking the permission of the NRA. However, linking will be refused in cases such as when we deem that the contents of the linked website disturb the public order or morals or violate a law or regulation.
After establishing a link to this website, please promptly contact the NRA Public Affairs Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). In cases where we judge that the display of the link or the like is not proper, we may notify you to revise or delete the link. In such an event, please promptly comply with the notice.
Furthermore, users must take notice of the following instructions when they establish a link to this website:
- - The contents of information on this website you may link are subject to change without notice when necessary.
- - Users must indicate clearly on their web pages that they link to NRA website.
- - The NRA does not allow its pages to be loaded into frames on other websites.
- - In cases where a linked page has particular requirements such as restrictions of use, please comply with those requirements.
5) Governing law and jurisdiction
(i) The state bears absolutely no responsibility for any action taken by the user involving the use of the Content (including use of information based on edited Content).
(ii) The Content may be modified, moved or deleted without prior notice.